The Testing Center prepares and administers exams as specified by a student’s individualized accommodation letter.
Common testing accommodations:
Extended testing time
The most common accommodation utilized by students registered with testing accommodations.
CCTV: Allows student to zoom in or out on a page, as well as change the text and background color to best work with their visual acuity.
Exams may need to be provided in an alternate format so the student can access it.
- Large Print: enlarged text such as 18 point with bold font
- Kurzweil: A Text-to-Speech software program that uses a synthesized voice so the student can hear the exam as well as read it.
- Braille: Tactile text used by students who are blind or have low vision.
- RTF: This Microsoft Word-based format is compatible with most screen reader programs.
- Computer applications we support
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
A computer may be utilized to:
- Type instead of hand-write answers,
- Use a screen-reader program such as Kurzweil or JAWS,
- Use a Voice-to-Text program such as Google Voice to record answers
- Use a screen magnifier such as ZoomText
This accommodation is available for students that need assistance reading and/or writing during exams.
Testing materials available in the Disability Resource Center:
The Testing Center orders its Scantrons from the Office of Measurement Services. We have several scantrons available (shown below). If you or your department needs a different type of scantron, you will need to send them over to our department.
The testing center does not utilize blue books for exams. We provide students with lined paper.
Other items provided include:
- Pens and Pencils
- Ear Plugs
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Scratch Paper (lined and unlined)
- White Noise Machines (provided per accommodation letter)